This is similar to the Thai Red Curry recipe I had posted before, but here you can put mussels instead. You can also add scallops, shrimp, and other kinds of shellfish.
2 pounds mussels
1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Clean and de-beard the mussels.
2. Film a large pot with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Add the onions and the peppers. Cook until they are soft and the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic, and cook another 30 seconds.
3. Add the curry paste, brown sugar, and fish sauce to the vegetables, and stir to coat evenly. Pour the coconut milk and chicken broth into the pot. Bring the curry to a simmer and let it cook until reduced and slightly thickened.
4. Add the mussels to the pan and cover. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that haven’t fully opened after 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the mussels and curry to a serving bowl. Squeeze half the lime over top and tuck the remaining wedges around the bowl. Eat immediately.