1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Clean and slice eggplant into 1/4 inch slices. Place in colander and generously sprinkle salt on top to take out excess water from eggplant slices. Leave for one hour. Rinse eggplant slices with water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
3. In a baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
4. Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.