I love eggplant. Here’s my first experiment.
1 Japanese eggplant
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (170 degrees C). Brush flat oven pan with olive oil.
2. Clean and slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick circles.
3. Lay out large sheet of paper towel. Sprinkle eggplant generously with salt on both sides and lay out on paper towels to release water. Let sit for 15 minutes, then dry both sides well with paper towels.
4. In a measuring cup, mix olive oil, honey, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture.
5. Place eggplant in oven pan. Roast for 15 minutes, then turn over eggplant. Roast for another 15 minutes. Remove to plate.