When I was living in England, this was all I ate, every single day. Pasta and cheese is a few of the cheapest things you can buy in England, and this dish is simple to make.
1 cup uncooked fusilli pasta
1/3 cup pasta sauce (either store bought or handmade)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 stick of butter
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat ceramic dish with thin layer of butter or oil.
2. Boil pasta until firm but not hard, or al dente.
3. Mix in pasta sauce, butter, hot pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and dried basil.
4. Pour pasta into ceramic dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, until cheese has melted. Take out to cool and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.